Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hundred Islands Adventure

They say that what you do on the first day of the year is what you'll do throughout the rest. So my parents and I decided that we should travel and spend three days and two relaxing nights at the beach last January 1. Why? Cause we want our year to be as stress-free and fun as possible.

We went to check out this lighthouse near the area where you can rent boats. And... they also had shops where you can buy local handmade-products such as bags, accessories and simple home decors. I was able to score 3 cute bracelets which I've been trying to find in malls. Who would've thought I'd see them there? :) And my dad was able to buy a big shell engraved with 'Hundred Islands, Philippines' to add to his collection.


The island hopping experience there was fun! At first, I thought I wouldn't enjoy it because the water seemed a bit too dirty and the islands looked dull from afar. Nevertheless, it got pretty exciting as we got closer. The pictures look nice already but they're so much better when you're actually there. :)

* The downside though is that the waves were quite huge when we were there so the boat ride kind of made me dizzy.




And... we brought our dog with us. It was tiring to take car of her especially when we get on and off the boat in some islands but she made the trip more fun. She was like our baby whom we could play with. Plus, it was good that she's well-trained. She eats on time and does not pee or poo when in the car or in the hotel room. :)


On our way back home, we passed by Hacienda Luisita since it was along the way. We visited this church which according to the people there is a replica of one church in Rome.

So what were you busy with on the first day of 2011? :>

No comments:

Post a Comment